Chocolate Brownie

Celebrating siblings & more.....


It is the day after, the day after Diwali, Bhai Dhooj  ! 3 Decades and pluses years ago incidentally or accidently I was born on this day, so dramatically if I may so say my brothers are my world, and what I assume is understood it is my most favorite day on the calendar.

Bhaiya, Harsh Bhaiya, Saket, Ankit, Monu, Varun and Niket, each one of you mean the world to me.

The chocolate brownie recipe that I am sharing today is a favorite with most of them, I served it today with my homemade Strawberry Ice cream (the recipe of which I’ll share someday later), and packed some Diwali hampers for the others.

I must confess the recipe is a borrowed one from a Nigella Lawson’s show I saw on TV, it is always and always a super hit.

Preheat oven at 225 degrees C

Ingredients
  • 375 g of Amul Butter
  • 375 g of dark or medium dark cooking chocolate
  • 350 g of castor sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 250 g of all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp of Vanilla essence
Method
  • In a heavy bottom pan melt the butter on medium heat. 
  • Turn off the fire and add the chocolate and let the chocolate melt in the heat of the butter, until it is a smooth glossy mix.
  • In a separate bowl whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla essence with a hand whisk  (non electronic). Do not whisk too much , just until well combined.
  • Add the egg, sugar, and essence mix to the chocolate and butter mix. Whisk slightly until everything is well combined.
  • To the above mix stir in the flour gently until well combined.
  • Pour the mix into a 9" x 9" springform baking dish
  • Bake at 225 degrees C for 25 minutes.
  • Turn of the oven, however leave the dish inside the oven further for 5 - 7 minutes.
  • Please note when you test with a fork, the centre may remain gooey, that is the way it should be.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Rice with Cucumber Raita

Bhatti ka paneer : Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Bombay..

The Orange Almond Cake