Banana Walnut Cake !


Morwenna my friend in Australia is the reason I cook. Her home in Dunsborough a small town West of Australia always smells fabulous and inviting of fresh baked cakes. I loved them and she loved to make them for me. She  introduced me to a whole new world of baking. So from then to now I am practicing for the day kids come back from school and want to be on top of my kitchen counter digging out the perfect muffin or brownies or just a slices of my Banana Walnut Cake. I picked up this recipe during my stay in Australia and it is yummy.


Ingredients
  • 125 g butter
  • 3/4 cup castor sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup mashed banana (ripe to overripe bananas)
  • 1 + 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp soda bicarb
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnut
Method
  • all ingredients should be at room temperature
  • cream the butter, sugar and egg with a hand mixer until light and fluffy (3 minutes)
  • add the essence and banana and whisk again (1 minute)
  • add all the dry ingredients flour, soda, baking powder and mix with the hand mixer till well combined
  • Add the chopped walnuts and stir gently with a wooden spatula
  • line baking dish ( I generally use a deep rectangular loaf tin) with some flour and butter and pour in the mix
  • Bake at 175 degrees C for 45 - 50 minutes. 
  • Serve warm with honey/chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream like I do, or just eat it straight out of the oven.
* Incase you have a large tin, double the ingredients.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Rice with Cucumber Raita

Bhatti ka paneer : Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Bombay..

The Orange Almond Cake