Carrot Cake – Sugar and Spice


I am back to the blog today, the quickest I have been so far!!  These are uncertain days. The evening news says we can get back to work (actual work!!), the morning news takes a ‘U’ turn, and sends me back to the kitchen. I am mentally confused and exhausted. Those who know me, know well how much I dislike indecisiveness and my need is to always plan ahead. Although I love being in the kitchen this loss of control about what is to happen next is driving me mad.

Covid times have pushed me to participating on some group chats within building societies, where change is constantly constant (drives me mad too). Besides getting a daily dose of soap opera it helps in making sure I don’t miss the bhajjiwala’s time in the building or miss the morning news before the printed paper is actually delivered. It’s all there. These days I even know whose dog is going for a walk and when in my Mumbai building society. I am completely tuned in from Bangalore!!!

As the chat drama is unfoldis, I am looking at my watch to pull out the freshly baked carrot cake from the oven. The exotic smell of baked ginger, carrots and walnuts, dash of honey and a large scoop of Vanilla Ice cream, perfect!!!
  • Ingredients 
    ·     Eggs                            3 No
    ·     Brown sugar               150 gm
    ·     Cooking oil                  160 gm/ 180 ml
    ·     Flour                            200 gm
    ·     Baking powder            1 tsp
    ·     Soda carb                    ½ tsp
    ·     Chopped walnut         100 gm
    ·     Grated carrots             200 gm
    ·     Grated ginger              20 gm

    Method
    ·     With a hand mixer beat the eggs, sugar and oil for 5 minutes
    ·     Add the maida, soda and baking powder to the above mix and beat for another 3 minutes 
    ·     Now gently stir in the grated carrots, ginger and walnuts
    ·     Transfer the batter it into a greased rectangular baking tray
    ·     Bake for 45 minutes  to 1 hour in a preheated oven at 180 degrees
    ·     Serve warm with Honey and Vanilla Ice Cream. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Rice with Cucumber Raita

Bhatti ka paneer : Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Bombay..

The Orange Almond Cake