Roasted Vegetables and Basil Garlic Hung Curd !


Its been a long and short week and now a lazy weekend. Considering the number of dinner parties, birthdays and more dinners that we have treated ourselves through the week, I thought I’ll try out something that it is light on the tummy today.

An experiments in my kitchen that went right. It is delicious, easy to make, on most days I’ll have all the ingredients at home, it is healthy and very filling. I have often made it for dinners with friends and also carried it with me for potluck, friends have loved it and always asked for the recipe.

So here it goes my roasted veggies with hung curd, truly from my kitchen !

Note : Peri peri is a secret ingredient in my kitchen. I first discovered it on a routine spice garden tour in Goa. This small, dry, sharp chilli has some exotic flavor. I haven't found then in Mumbai yet, however often seen them in European supermarkets well packeted and sold for 4 - 5 Euros for 20 gms. My dear friend Venu sent me a Kilo (some Rs 800 a kg) from Goa and I am making a guess it is going to last me a lifetime.

Ingredients

For the roasted veggies
  • ·      250 g potato peeled and diced into 1 cm thk cubes
  • ·      250 g sweet potato peeled and diced into 2 cm thk cubes
  • ·      250 carrots peeled and diced into ½ cm thk cubes
  • ·      1 large onion cut into cubes 1. 5 cm
  • ·      1 large capsicum cut into cubes 2 cm
  •     200 gm of mushroom sliced
  • ·      15 – 20 pods of garlic medium size
  • ·      30 – 35 small dry peri peri chillies
  • ·      1 tsp ground black pepper
  • ·      2 tbsp olive oil

For the hung yogurt
  • ·      800 ml of yogurt ( I use 2 boxes of Gokul or Amul yogurt )
  • ·      25 gm of chopped basil
  • ·      4 – 5 pods of fine sliced garlic medium size
  • ·      ½ tsp ground black pepper
  • ·      salt to taste


Method

Roasted Veggies
  •  Preheat oven at 200 degrees C.
  •  In a large oven dish put all the veggies, chilli, garlic, black pepper and olive oil. Using your hands mix it well until all the veggies are well coated with oil.
  • Roast for 45 minutes in a preheated oven.
  •  Remove from the oven and give it a good stir and bake again for 5 – 7 minutes.
  • Serve hot with chilled yogurt
  • Please note do not add any salt. Salt causes the vegetables to leak.

Hung Yogurt
  • Tie the yogurt in a muslin cloth and hang for 1 hr.
  •  Then empty the yogurt in a bowl and stir well using an electric paddle attachment until a smooth mix.
  • Add the basil, garlic. Black pepper and mix again.
  •   Chill it for 10 – 15 minutes.
  • Add salt just before serving.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Rice with Cucumber Raita

Bhatti ka paneer : Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Bombay..

The Orange Almond Cake